I cannot believe Baby A will be here so soon. My blood pressure has gone all wonky, and after 2 separate stays at the hospital last week, they will induce Monday the 15th if she doesn't come on her own before then. WOW. 30 months of trying to conceive and 9 months of pregnancy...and what? We are actually going to have a baby??? WOW. I can hardly believe it. Currently, I am on bed rest at home and go back to the DR on Thursday. To date, we've had no action in the cervix department...so, I'm hoping this little girl will beat it open at least a little before we induce. I've had pretty bad carpal tunnel since week 34, but had cortisone shots last week that are proving to help. My right hand still has some tingling, but the left is pretty much back to normal (knock on wood!!!).
While I am not the best patient, I am trying to be cognizant of my attitude and requests...since I don't want anyone coming to stay with us, it's just R and me and I know that it's a lot on him. He went back to work today and was a wonderful Mr. Mom when he got home. I did alright on my own today, but worked more than I should have and wore myself out. I am going to check in tomorrow and then I'm cutting that cord until Baby A arrives! I'd like to go get a pedicure, but I'm not sure that would be smiled upon my R or my doctors. We'll see....
Being this close to the end has made me really nostalgic. I am so glad that my baby already has so many people who love her...and she has 4 grandparents that are over the moon to meet her. I really miss my grandparents right now, but I know they will be smiling down upon us and will know her as intimately as we do.
I wish I had the energy (or breath...as I am currently winded typing...) to be really eloquent about how I am feeling...maybe tomorrow. But...this much I know...all of the agony we've been through...and any anxiety I have about labor and delivery...will be so worth it when we meet our little slice of heaven.
7 comments:
I am so so so so excited for you. Hang in there!
Wow, so close!! I know what it's like to have wonky blood pressures, hospitalization, bedrest... hope that everything resolves perfectly next Monday! So excited for you!
Can't wait to hear about her safe arrival! Yes, all of it...every last bit of agony...ALL worth it.
Amen. Great post. I hope everything goes well!
Yay! The end is in sight. I've been wondering how you've been so I'm so happy to read an update. Take care of yourself these last few days and then post lots of pictures of your beautiful, precious baby.
I'll be thinking of you! Hang in there and I hope you have a very easy and uneventful labor. :-D
Hope everything goes great, Tara!
You so deserve to have pretty toes for delivery. I say go for the pedi!!
Post a Comment